Thursday 8 December 2011

Amnesty International Continued

After the feedback session I decided to change the headscarf and make her look more sad.
I added a tear so she looked like she was crying and I made the headscarf light to dark (gradient).
After changing the headscarf colour I also changed the shadow in the clothes from a block colour to a gradient to add more depth.

 After the group feedback session I also decided to continue the rock idea by using rocks to write '50'.
I gathered some little rocks out of my garden and placed them in the shape of 50 then photographed them and illustrated it.

 I then put it all together and added the text 'years of protecting human rights' but it's not the right text on the brief.

 So I re-did it with the right text but stretched it out a bit so it looked more like the amnesty international logo typeface.

 The text looked a bit too cramped so I made it slightly wider ... But then it looked like it did to begin with.

I finally changed the text so that it looked a bit more like the typeface on the logo.
I saved my illustrator file as a JPEG and inserted it into photoshop to put the logo on (so that I could invert the colour and delete the background).
I am going to use this as my final piece as I am very happy with how it turned out.
The only criticism I have been given about it is the fact that her legs aren't showing but I don't have enough time to change that. If I had more time or re-did the project I would add legs/calves and possibly shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment